The corporate execs nowadays are overworked and over-caffeinated around the world. The study by US Medical Association has linked over consumption of caffeine in the form of coffee & tea with diseases like obesity,hyper tension etc.
So to escape from all the health woes of caffeine we need to find out healthier alternatives. Check out 5 alternatives which can protect your health from the caffeine related problems.
1. Oolong Tea – Oolong tea activates enzymes that cut down triglycerides, a type of fat found in the blood. One study showed that women who consumed oolong tea burned a slightly larger amount of fat than those who drank only water.
2. Green Tea – Green tea is an excellent source of catechins, another type of antioxidant. A subgroup of this compound known as EGCG has been studied for its potential role in preventing cancer and heart disease. One study showed that drinking one cup of green tea per day could decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease by 10 percent.
3. Lemon Ginger Tea – Ginger has an active ingredient called zingiber, and lemon contains the immune-boosting compounds pectin and limonene. This epic duo makes lemon ginger tea an effective weapon against bacterial infections. One study shows that drinking lemon ginger tea can even kill the bacteria linked to salmonella!
4. Chamomile Tea – Chamomile tea is an ancient natural remedy with many health benefits. Research shows that the antioxidants in chamomile tea may help stunt the growth of cancer cells and prevent diabetes side effects such as loss of vision, nerve damage and kidney damage. Unlike the teas mentioned above, chamomile tea is made from the flowers of the chamomile plant.
5. Echinacea tea – Echinacea purpurea is a commonly used natural compound that fights illnesses such as the common cold and other respiratory infections. One study showed that consuming Echinacea in tea or lozenge form over a four-month period helped to prevent infections.
Enjoy Sipping health !!