Tonight – “Come on it’s last cheese burger of my life tonight. From tomorrow it’s just gonna be health and nothing else.”
Next night – ” It was too tiring at work today. I deserve a cheese burger. From tomorrow i promise to myself it’s just gonna be me and my fitness.”
And same story goes on …
Can some of you relate to this?? I bet you will.
There are times in our life when we keep delaying our fitness goals for tomorrow. There are occasions when we start our workout with full determination & within few days we self cheat. Than we again make up our mind and start workout with full effort, loose few pounds and we get a few compliments.
And what follows again is indulgence in guilty pleasure and rather than working out next day we keep on delaying it to the next day. And those pounds we lost are back again, thus we never reach our fitness goals.
If your also suffering from the same problem.Here are 6 ways to keep you going.
1. 21 day theory – Research shows that if a human indulges in an activity consecutively for 21 days it becomes a habit whether it’s waking up early or working out. So all you need to keep reminding yourself is few days to go till the 21st day.
2. Take help from your close relative – There is no better person to audit your habits than your closed one. Research proves if we have a stick on our head we tend to keep going.
3. Time for a weight loss challenge via bet – From my personal experience , i can tell a small bet can turn into a great weight loss challenge. I have seen people betting with a close friend on fitness goals and one of them actually turning it around. So make a real small bet with a friend about a weight loss goal. And just give it your everything !!
4. Keep your goal in your sight – If you have a favorite celebrity whose body you admire or wish to have , get a poster of him/her and put it on your refrigerator. So that every time you open the fridge you are reminded of your goal.
5. Grab a workout friend
6. Kill the temptation – Most people tend to pause their workout routines after a tiring day at work or when weather is very good/bad . Just make sure you don’t do the same mistake. Just remember you have to reach the gym whether weather is warm/cold or your day was good or bad.Once you reach there, your trainers will take care of your work out.
And lastly it’s never too late. Put your shoes on TODAY and go RUN !!
One response to “Tired of starting your fitness journey all over again ?? 6 ways to stop giving up”
Pingback: Tired of starting your fitness journey all over again ?? 6 ways to stop giving up | Fat Free